/*Adopt Ye, One Another, Even as I Have Adopted You: The Worship of Human Fecundity*/

"Adopt Ye, One Another, Even as I Have Adopted You..."

Not Shaker Theology, not a cult and not any sort of propaganda. An approach, by Heaven's Grace, to the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness. Do you want to see it? Do you want to see the Kingdom Of Christ? Say yes.

Name:

Hopeless, Pointless, Useless except for the Grace of God

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Worship of Human Fecundity

What an odd title. People worship human fecundity?

Well, let me ask you. If I'm making sacrifices to an idol, I'm worshiping that idol, aren't I? If I make my idol - which is unnecessary - a higher priority than that which is NECESSARY, then, I'm worshiping that idol, aren't I?

So, then, if there are people that I could adopt - whether they're eight days, eight weeks, eighteen or eighty-eight - and I choose instead to ignore / discard /cast out /blow-off any of those people to my higher priority of reproduction, then, haven't I SACRIFICED those people that are already here to the worship of my fecundity? MY, MY! Isn't that special??

If I use the resources that my Savior God has given to me on behalf of the creation of my own genetic / ethnic / cultural / racial legacy INSTEAD OF using His resources on behalf of claiming - for the family of God - the last, the lost and the least, have I not SACRIFICED those that I might have claimed to my own lust for self-perpetuation?? Is that NOT the worship of human fecundity?

Now, I will readily confess to you that "Adopt ye, one another, even as I have adopted you" is NOT the King James version of Christ's new commandment but I sincerely believe that it is the Word of The Living God. Else, I would not bring this to you here.

You and I do NOT need to reproduce. There will ALWAYS be plenty of people. What is lacking - at this point in human history - is for Seminaries and their graduates AND US LAY PEOPLE to have the courage to stand up and say:

"ENOUGH! ENOUGH OF THE PURSUIT of personal legacy and personal empire. THE TIME IS NOW for me and for all of us to give whole-hearted devotion to the reconciliation of God - claiming for our family (our family is the family of God, right?) those that would otherwise be discarded, excluded, ignored, wasted and sacrificed!!"

I don't have to be married to tutor a young person. I don't have to be married to visit the elderly - just to make sure that they're not deserted. I don't have to be wealthy to visit someone in prison. I don't have to be especially bright or attractive or even especially capable to "adopt" people into God's family. I just have to LOVE THEM the way that He loves me. This "adoption" is something that EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN GOD can do! HE POURED OUT HIS BLOOD to give me a new bloodline. HE HAS BORNE WITH ME PATIENTLY to teach me how to behave in His clan. I have been claimed for His household and He COMMANDS that I do the same for others. God have mercy on me if I don't.

The arrogance of the worshipers of human fecundity wears me down. God is patient. I'm only human. I would love to hear some preacher, somewhere, say "You know, the people that are already here are good enough for us to invest in. They're good enough for us to love, 'as if they are our own', the way that Jesus has loved us; the way that He commands us to love". His adoptive Love is how our transformation began. Our adoptive love - from Him - is the only hope for transformation of this broken and dying world. May God have mercy on us all.

"Adopt ye, one another, even as I have adopted you..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home